What will I learn?
We offer a rich learning environment where you can develop professional competencies both inside and outside the classroom. Extend your learning through co-op work terms, extracurricular activities, and a host of other experiential opportunities.
By the time you graduate, you’ll be advancing your career, not just launching it! A degree in Accounting and Financial Management sets you up for success. You’ll be able to analyze, interpret, and communicate the information that drives business decisions.
By alternating school terms and paid co-op work terms, you can explore new career areas and employers as your interests evolve.
Sample co-op positions
Fixed Income Analyst, BMO Capital Markets
Auditor Trainee, Ontario Ministry of Finance
Finance Officer Trainee, Canada Revenue Agency
Junior Financial Analyst, Magna International Inc.
Business Analyst, Manulife Financial
IT Finance Assistant, Nestle Purina Pet care
Staff Accountant/Analyst – Tax, Deloitte & Touche LLP
Accounting Assistant, Myers Tsiofas Norheim LLP
If you complete both the AFM and the 8-month Master of Accounting (MAcc) programs, you don’t need to take the 2-year CPA Professional Education Program. Instead, you can proceed directly to the CPA Final Exam (CFE) as soon as you graduate.
- Senior Manager, Finance, Scotia bank
- Tour Financial Liaison, Live Nation Global Touring
- Senior Staff Accountant, KPMG LLP
- Senior Financial Analyst, Barrick Gold Corporation
- Business Manager, Rogers Communications Inc.
- Tax Analyst, Intuit
- Accounting Staff, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Accountant, BDO Canada LLP
- Chartered Accountant, TD Bank Group
- Catastrophe Risk Analyst, Validus RE
Which department am I in?
Full Time (5 years)
Expected September 2020
Faculty of Arts
PAS building, room 2401,
N2L 3G1, Canada
Entry requirements For students from Nigeria
For international students
Applicants have to complete ontario high school.
Ontario students: 6 Grade 12 U and/or M courses including
- English (ENG4U) (minimum final grade of 75% is required)
- Advanced Functions (minimum final grade of 75% is required)
- Calculus and Vectors (minimum final grade of 75% is required)
- Recommended courses: Principles of Financial Accounting, Mathematics of Data Management
English language requirements:
- Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) – Test Of English as a Foreign Language: 90 overall; 25 writing, 25 speaking.
- IELTS Academic – International English Language Testing System: 6.5 overall; 6.5 writing, 6.5 speaking, 6.0 reading, 6.0 listening.
- MELAB – Michigan English Language Assessment Battery: 85 overall; 80 per section; if you’re applying to a co-op program: 3 speaking.
- CAEL – Canadian Academic English Language Assessment: 70 overall 60 per band; 70 writing, 70 speaking.
- PTE Academic – Pearson Test of English: 63 overall; 65 writing, 65 speaking.
- EFAS – English for Academic Success: 75% overall in 400 levels; 75% in each of academic, oral, and writing.