POST-UTME Government Questions & Answers Assurance Pack
81. The Nigerian Youth Movement was founded in what year? (a) 1914 (b) 1946 (c) 1936 (d) 1915 Answer is C, 1936 – 1938 , NYM contested elections against NNDP and won all the seats.
82. The Dual Mandate of Tropical Africa which later became the handbook of British colonial administration was written by (a) Lord Luggard (b) Arthur Richard (c) Obafemi Awolowo (d) Nnamdi Azikiwe Answer is A, Lord Luggard, and was first published in 1922 and who is also the father of indirect rule and first governor general of Nigeria.
83. The legendary founder of the Hausa State is (a) Baya Jidda (b) Seif Ibn Yazen (c) Al- Maghili (d) Uthman Dan Fodio Answer is A, Baya Jidda who came from Baghdad.
84. The first dynasty of rulers in Benin history is the (a) Ogiso (b) Eweka (c) Oba (d) Ewuare Answer is A, Ogiso (king of the sky).
85. The trans- Atlantic slave trade was abolished in all British territories in (a) 1804 (b) 1807 (c) 1914 (d) 1900 Answer is B, 1807.
86. The Berlin conference of 1884/85 was called at the instance of (a) Lord Luggard (b) Bismarck of Germany and king Leopold of Belgium (c) Julius Ferry (d) G.L. Gaister Answer is B, Otto Von Bismarck and king Leopold II of Belgium.
87. One of the following is not among the traditional nationalists in Nigeria (a) king Jaja of Opobo (b) Nana of Itsekiri (c) Ovonranmwen of Benin (d) Samuel Ajayi Crowther Answer is d, Samuel Ajayi Crowther was not among them, he was the first African slave to be ordained a Bishop.
88. Which of these under listed modern African states were under UN trusteeship rule? (a) Nigeria and Ghana (b) Senegal (c) Togo and Cameroon (d) Gambia and Niger Answer is C, Togo and Cameroon.
89. The French adopted the colonial administration policy called (a) indirect rule (b) assimilation (c) outreach (d) direct civilization Answer is B, Assimilation; it was aimed at making African extension of France territory.
90. The British invaded and conquered the Benin empire in (a) 1897 (b) 1800 (c) 1914 (d) 1925 Answer is A, 1897- that led to the deportation of Oba Ovonramwen to calabar.
You can also read some recommended Posts that can help you read better and prepare for your exam
- How To Study Effectively And Efficiently | Tips For Academic Excellence
- Facts about how to Study Without Losing Concentration
- WAYS TO STAY UP LONGER IN NIGHT READING
91. Abuja officially became the capital city of Nigeria on (a) December 12th, 1991 (b) December , 1990 (c) April 12th , 1996 (d) April 14th, 1996. Answer is A, December 12th, 1991- it was carried out b y Gen. Ibrahim B. Babangida.
92. The first executive president of Nigeria is (a) Alhaji Shehu Shagari (b) Obafemi Awolowo (c) Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe (d) Sir Lord Luggard Answer is A, in 1979- 1938; while Nigeria’s first president was Nnamdi Azikiwe, 1963- 1966 and the first military head of state was Aguiyi Ironsi (1966).
93. The Iyase of Benin political history refers to the (a) prime minister (b) minister of internal affairs (c) commander in chief of the army (d) palace keeper Answer is A (Bashorun, the prime minister in Yoruba, while Waziri, the prime minister of Hausa- Fulani ).
94. The Nok culture evolve in one of the under listed states in Nigeria Answer is (A) Plateau state (b) Edo state (c) Niger state (d) kwara state Answer is A Plateau state
95. The system of succession to the throne where the first son inherits his father’s position and authority is known as (a) primogeniture (b) homogeniture (c) hereditary (d) primordial authority Answer is A, primogeniture- e.g Oba of benin.
96. The first Portuguese voyage to the ancient kingdom of Benin was led by (a) Antonio Galvao (b) Ruy de Sequeira (c) Alfonso d’ Aviero (d) Prince Henry De Navigator. Answer is B, in 1472, during the reign of Oba Ewuare 1.
97. The longest dynasty in Africa recorded history is the (a) Saifewa dynasty (b) Ogiso dynasty (c) Alaafin dynasty (d) Oduduwa dynasty Answer is A, It lasted for about 771 years and was established by SaifIbn Dhiyazan.
See what others are reading;
98. Which of the following is a desert tribe that weakened the territorial boundaries of the first kanem- Bornu empire (a) the Yoruba (b) the Bulala (c) the S.O (d) the Kanem Answer is B, the Bulalas.
99. BayaJidais reported to have migrated from (a) Saudi Arabia (b) Iraq (c) Iran (d) Baghdad Answer is D, Baghdad, capital of present day Iraq.
100. Who wrote the book titled “ The Obligation of Princes” (a) Mahammed Rumfa (b) El- Kanami (c) Al- Maghili (d) Uthman Dan Fodio Answer is C, Mohammed Ibn Al- Maaghili in the 15th century.Like