Academic calendar is a blueprint that shows all activities that will take place in the academic session for that particular year. It usually entails resumption date, clearance date, matriculation date, lectures period, registration, deadline of payment of school fees and other necessary school charges.
The proposed Academic Calendar as Approved by the Senate of the OAU shows the detailed highlight of events that will take place during this academic session for the first and second semester.
Note: Students are expected to browse the internet or check the departmental boards to know the academic calendar for each semesters in order to know how to plan effectively for the academic session.
Scroll below and see the Academic Calendar for 1st and 2nd Semester of 2019/2020 Academic Session. Thank you.
SEE ALSO: OAU Admission List for 2019/2020 Academic Session
OAU Academic Calendar
Below is the breakdown of activities in OAU Academic Calendar for 1st and 2nd Semesters respectively of 2019/2020 Academic Session.
- January 6th February 21st, 2020 – SWEP/SIWES & Teaching Practice
- January 29th, 2020 – Senate for Consideration of Rain Semester 2018/2019 Results
- February 11th, 2020 – Committee of Deans
- February 14th, 2020 – Online Registration for Courses Commences
- February 17th, 2020 – Business Committee of Senate
- February 22nd, 2020 – Fresh Students in Faculty of Law/Arts/Social Sciences/Agriculture/Administration and Education come into Residence
- February 23rd, 2020 – Fresh Students in Faculties of Science/EDM/Basic Medical Science/Clinical Sciences/Dentistry/Pharmacy and Technology come into Residence
- February 24th to 26th, 2020 – Orientation Programme for Fresh Students
- February, 26th, 2020 – Senate
- February 27th to 29th, 2020 – ICT Training for Fresh Students
- March 2nd to 6th, 2020 – Clearance at Faculty and Admission Offices
- March 8th, 2020 – Returning Undergraduates comes into Residence
- March 9th, 2020 – Harmattan Lecture commences
- March 11th, 2020 – Committee of Deans
- March 15th, 2020 – End of Normal Registration
- March 16th, 2020 – Business Committee of Senate
- March 25th, 2020 – Senate
- March 31st & April 1st, 2020 – MATRICULATION
- April 5th, 2020 – End of Registration with Penalty
- April 6th to 9th, 2020 – Faculty/Students Colloquium
- April 15th, 2020 – Committee of Deans
- April, 20th 2020 – Continuous Assessment Starts.